Personal Injury Handled Personally
At Ray Hodge & Associates, we believe in "Personal Injury Handled Personally." At our office you see a lawyer from the very first meeting because we believe your case deserves an experienced personal injury attorney right from the start.
Like many people who come to our site, you're probably looking for the help of a Kansas personal injury attorney. Many of our clients started right where you are now-wondering if a lawyer could help them after they were hurt in a car wreck, after an insurance company denied their claim, or get income from an employer after being hurt on the job.
At Ray Hodge & Associates, we don't just have experience with these cases-we have experience winning them.
We only represent people, never insurance companies or big corporations.
Many lawyers are eager to take on any client that they think can make a quick settlement. At Ray Hodge & Associates, we know that processing a case quickly is not the same as doing it correctly. We take a whole-person approach with each client, evaluating your case to make sure we can get you the results you deserve.
If you want us to represent you keep in mind that you really need to be injured. Lots of lawyers will try to build up cases by exaggerating claims. If that's what you are looking for you are in the wrong place. We are committed to helping real people with real injuries
How much is it going to cost me to hire you?
There is no "guessing" as to what your fee might be for our services. People are often afraid of hiring an attorney after they have been injured due to financial constraints. Unlike other attorneys, we alleviate those fears right away: your first consultation is always free. During our first meeting, we will discuss the specifics of your case and whether your case requires an attorney. In most cases we will agree not to take a fee unless we win your case.
We represent many different types of serious injury cases in Kansas, including:
- Car Accidents Nearly 500 people are killed in Kansas car wrecks every year. Traffic on I-35, construction on Kellogg and the increasing number of drunk drivers put everyone at risk-especially daily commuters.
- Truck Accidents Semi trucks are a common sight on Kansas highways. Unfortunately, truckers coming into Wichita on US 54 or I-235 can be under tight deadlines. Overloaded rigs and drowsy drivers can add up to serious-even fatal-truck collisions.
- Motorcycle Accidents Douglas in Old Town is a popular motorcycle route. While bikers must follow the same rules of the road as other vehicles, they are not as well protected in the event of an accident, often suffering head trauma with accompanying brain injury or paralysis from the force of impact.
- Bus Accidents Whether on busy Wichita city streets like Central or Kansas highways, charter coaches and school buses have a duty to protect their passengers. If a bus has fallen below safety regulations or the bus driver causes a crash, the company can be held responsible for your injury.
- Train Wrecks Whether you have suffered an injury from a car crash on the tracks, sudden derailment, or a wrongful death caused by a train collision you can get the justice you deserve. Rural Kansas roads still have poorly marked railroad crossings or marked crossings where signs have been covered by over grown vegetation. Ray Hodge & Associates can help you put the pieces back together after tragedy.
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Accidents often happen at lower speeds on city streets, but they cause far more damage to the victim. Without the protection of an automobile, pedestrians and cyclists struck by cars in Kansas can suffer lifelong injuries or even death. Often times a car driver will blame the pedestrian for being in the street and not looking out for his or her own safety. At Ray Hodge and Associates, we have experience using human factors experts that can help establish that a pedestrian simply cannot react quickly enough to get out of the way of a speeding automobile.
- Workers Compensation If you were injured on the job, your employer owes you weekly income payments if you are unable to return to work right away. They are also liable for your medical costs. If you have been injured we can help you get back on the road to recovery and help you deal with the company doctor.
- Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect There is nothing more horrifying that having a loved one suffer in a place of care. If someone you love has been a victim of elder abuse, our attorneys can hold that caretaker accountable while getting you the help you need to heal your family. Too often nursing homes promise to care for your loved ones all the while knowing they are understaffed and inadequately trained to do the job correctly. This is usually because some bean counter in an ivory tower wants to meet shareholder profit expectations. We understand the shell game they play that kills people.
- Dog Bites Being attacked by a stray dog in Wichita is not only a terrifying experience, but it can leave life long physical and emotional scars. Sometimes people are injured by dogs that don't bite but cause them to fall and get hurt while trying to run away. Our firm has experience handling dog bite and "dog fright" cases.
- Medical Malpractice Doctors who break the rules of good medicine can permanently injure or kill someone. We represent Kansas victims in many different malpractice cases, including surgical errors, misdiagnosis and improper medical treatment cases. However, if you think medical malpractice lawsuits are out of control click here to volunteer for medical negligence tort reform.
- Premises Liability Often called "slip and fall" accidents, these injuries are due to unsafe conditions on someone else's property. If the property owner was aware of the dangers and made no attempt to correct them, they may owe damages for any accidents that occur. Sometimes people are hurt or killed because a business owner does not take the proper precautions to protect its patrons from thieves and muggers. A business owner that falsely promises safety can be held accountable when a loved one is injured by a criminal.
- Wrongful Death The unexpected loss of a loved one is always a difficult time. It's worse when the insurance companies won't give you compensation to cover medical bills, funeral costs and other details. The insurance companies see the loss of your family or friend as a claim number. At Ray Hodge & Associates, we promise to give you aknowledgeable friend during this scary time.
Our clients aren't the type of people looking for a big payout: they are people who want to be treated with respect. Respect from the insurance company that denied their claim, or acknowledgement that the driver that caused their injury should pay for their hospital bills. I can't tell you the number of people who come in to my office and start the conversation with, "I am not one of those people who likes to sue." None of our clients are and neither are you. But we know that people who are suffering need compensation for their injuries, and they also want to be treated fairly. Whatever you are looking for out of your case-a settlement, peace of mind, an apology-we can help you get all that you are entitled to by law.
If you or a loved one has suffered due to someone else's negligence, let us help you get the justice you deserve. Call Ray Hodge & Associates today at (316) 269-1414 for a free consultation on your Wichita personal injury case.
Back to Top