Monster Beverage Corp is being sued by the parents of Anais Fournier, a 14-year-old girl that died after drinking two Monster beverages. Fournier suffered cardiac arrest after reaching “caffeine toxicity” from two cans of Monster.
The US Food and Drug Administration have launched an investigation on the company, which has been linked to five other deaths. Monster Energy contains 240 milligrams of caffeine in one 24oz can.
Fournier’s parents claim that Monster Beverage Corp did not warn consumers about the dangers in drinking its product, despite labels stating that it is not recommended for children and people who are sensitive to caffeine.
Monster has issued a statement in response to the media stating its sympathies to the family of Fournier, but defending its product.
What do you think?
Are your children allowed to consume energy drinks? Should there be limitations on how many energy beverages children can consume or should these drinks be completely off the market? Should an age limit be set for energy drinks such as Monster, Red Bull, Throttle and Rockstar?
Regardless of opinions on the matter, parents should take heed of the dangers of caffeine on children. Talk to your kids about these risks and discuss rules on caffeine consumption.
Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.