Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC

After a Wichita auto accident, do I file my accident with my insurance or theirs?


As soon as you have been evaluated by a medical professional, it’s important that you contact your insurance company to report the accident promptly. If the other driver is at fault for the accident, the insurance company for the at fault driver needs to be contacted. However, this is best done by a lawyer who has years of experience dealing with adverse insurance company tactics. Tactic’s that are designed to cheat you out of what is rightfully owed to you. In fact, if you’re seriously injured or are busy trying to recover and regain your previous responsibilities, you need a lawyer on your side protecting you.

It’s also important to remember that in many cases having Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage can help you receive payment faster. As long as it doesn’t exceed your policy limit, your car insurance will cover medical bills. Despite this, the other driver’s insurance company may still try to contact you. They will be looking to verify the information, but also to find any discrepancies in your story. It is wise to speak with your personal injury attorney before speaking to an insurance agent.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.