Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC

My boss wants me to come back to work, but I’m not ready after my injury. Can I refuse to return to work?


After taking time off work for an injury, some bosses may try to pressure their employee to return quickly, even if their injury isn’t healed well enough to return. If the company doctor agrees that you should not return to work yet, then you do not have to return to work. An employer that terminates a worker who has been taken on work by the company doctor for a work injury does so at their own peril.

However, if the company doctor says you have healed enough to return to work, but your personal doctor disagrees a Court may need to get involved to decide what needs to happen.

If any of these situations apply to you, you may need a personal injury attorney to fight for your workers compensation. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.