Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC

My doctor was negligent, but it didn’t result in injury, do I still have a case?


The terms medical negligence and medical malpractice are believed to be different but in the legal world they mean the same thing. A doctor who has committed medical negligence has committed medical malpractice. Malpractice simply means bad practice. Negligence means someone was harmed by a person who broke the rules of normal conduct. Failing to follow the rules of normal conduct for a doctor is bad practice.

Medical negligence can be acting or failing to act they was a reasonable doctor under similar circumstances would act. It means a doctor did not follow the accepted medical standard of care.

Doctors have a duty to their patients to not cause harm and when they are negligent in their actions, injuries occur. It is important to remember that a person can break a rule and not be responsible for harms if the rule that was broken did not cause the harm. A good example of this is a careless driver of a car. If a driver fails to stop at a red light, then they are negligent. However, if they fail to stop at a red light and cause an injury, then they must pay the damages as well. The same goes for medical negligence.

So in order to seek compensation, an injury must be present. The amount of compensation you request is directly connected to the extent of your injuries.

If you believe you suffered medical malpractice due to substance abuse, read our article here. If you had unnecessary tests or medical procedures performed, view the truth about defensive medicine here.

If you have had a Kansas medical malpractice injury, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recovery. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.