Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC

What to do if you’re in a car wreck?


  1. Do not say anything to the other driver about who is at fault. Often times a person in an automobile collision can be shaken up, and their perceptions of what happened can be altered by having been injured. In addition statements can be misinterpreted at the scene of the collision. Especially if the other person is trying to avoid liability, it is best simply not to say anything to anyone else but the police officer.

  2. Get checked out by a doctor immediately. In some cases a person in a car wreck may have serious injuries that are not immediately obvious, it is not worth taking the risk. Take the time to be seen by a doctor to make sure that you’re okay.

  3. Contact your insurance company and report the accident, but do not give a statement.

  4. Do not talk to the insurance company of the other driver before you have hired a lawyer

  5. Hire a lawyer right away by calling (316) 269-1414.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.