There many ways to be injured at work and the severity of those injuries can be just as varied. You may be wondering how extensive your injury must be to receive compensation. The law in Kansas establishes your right to compensation based upon the opinions of your doctor. Unfortunately, if you are injured on the job and don’t have a lawyer on your side, you could wind up with the company doctor directing your medical care.
Although there are many kinds of injuries, according to the 2008 Workplace Safety Index, these are the top 10 most common workplace injuries.
1. Overexertion: Work injuries associated with pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying and throwing.
2. Fall on Same Level Surfaces: Slip and falls on wet and slick office floors as well as snow covered pathways also represent a common workplace mechanism of injury.
3. Fall to Lower Level: This fall is classified by falling from an elevated area. This includes roofs, ladders and stairways.
4. Bodily Reaction: Without falling, these injuries are caused by slipping and tripping.
5. Struck by Object: Injuries from being struck by a falling object from shelves or another person.
6. Struck Against an Object: This injury is the result of running into solid objects. This includes walls, doors, cabinets, glass windows, tables or chairs.
7. Highway Incident: Injury by automobile accident while working on the job.
8. Caught In/Compressed By: Usually occurs in a factory with large and hazardous machinery.
9. Repetitive Motion: Strain to muscles and tendons causing back pain, vision problems and carpal tunnel syndrome. This can be caused by many motions including typing or working with repetitive tools such as rivet guns.
10. Assaults and Violent Acts: Attacks caused by arguments and tempers getting out of hand.
Workplace injuries are not only harmful for your work, but they affect your personal life as well. At Ray Hodge and Associates we are aware of the effects and want to help you get the compensation you deserve. We have years of experience, helping injured workers and our attorneys are qualified to handle your case with sensitivity and skill. Your first consultation is free and if we take your case we only get paid if you get paid. Call us today at 316-269-1414.
Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.