Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

Fixing Your Vehicle after a Wreck on Kansas Highways

Getting back on your feet after a wreck can be stressful. One of the first tasks you have to deal with is fixing your car. If this is your first accident, you may not know where to start. Here are a few steps to help you begin the process.

Who Pays?

When filing a claim with insurance, you have two options. You can either file with your own insurance company or with the other drivers insurance company. It will likely best fastest and simplest to go through your own insurance. Although you will probably need to pay a deductible, your insurance should cover the rest of the repairs.

The other option would be to file with the at-fault drivers insurance company. In this situation, you don’t have to pay a deductible, but it will take longer and the insurance may try to trick you so they don’t have to pay. It is possible they will send an adjuster to evaluate the damage. The adjuster may disagree with the extent of the damage and you could find yourself negotiating for a long time. If you need transportation fast, this may not be the best option for you.

Should I Hire an Attorney?

If your car has been totaled, you may wonder if you will need a lawyer to recover property damage. Property damage claims are rarely accepted by an attorney because there really isn’t enough value to involve a lawyer. But, this doesn’t mean you have to accept whatever the insurance company is offering you for your car. If your insurance company quoted you an unfair price, you can negotiate with the adjustor agent. You have the right to make the insurance company find you a comparable car for the price they are offering, in your area. If you have an injury then a good lawyer will be willing to assist you with your property damage claim as part of handling the personal injury claim if you ask.

At Ray Hodge & Associates, we believe in personal injury handled personally. At our office you see a lawyer from the very first meeting because we believe your case deserves an experienced personal injury attorney right from the start.

If you have had a Kansas car wreck injury that was not your fault and need medical treatment, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recovery. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Make sure you download our free car accident app for iPhone or Droid to protect yourself in event of an auto accident.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.