Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

How Do I Know if I Have Enough Car Insurance to Protect Myself When Driving in Wichita?

The average Wichita car owner doesn’t have a vast knowledge of car insurance. Most people just expect that if they have insurance, they will be taken care of if they have an accident on Kellogg. Unfortunately, insurance companies look for any way to not pay you. There’s a variety of reasons that the insurance could deny your claim and leave you footing the bill for medical and repair bills, even if the accident wasn’t your fault. To prevent this from happening, read how you can improve your insurance coverage.

Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage

Uninsured motorist coverage comes into play whenever anyone insured on your policy is injured by an uninsured motorist. This includes hit-and-run accidents. Underinsured motorist coverage applies only when the other motorist’s coverage is lower than your own. This insurance covers a wide multitude of losses, financial and non-financial. And with nearly 14% of U.S. drivers not having car insurance, there’s a pretty good chance it could happen to you.

Medical Expense Benefit

Although this is required by law, you can still increase your coverage. Medical expense benefit pays for any medical treatment you need for injuries suffered in a car accident. If you have medical bills that aren’t covered by your policy, you have to pay out of pocket, which can add up fast.

There are many other types of coverage to add to your policy such as additional income loss coverage, and property damage coverage to protect your family even better in the event of an accident.

If you have had a Kansas car wreck injury that was not your fault and need medical treatment, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recovery. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Make sure you download our free car accident app for iPhone or Droid to protect yourself in event of an auto accident.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.