Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

How uninsured or underinsured motorist protection can protect your family

Kansas law requires your insurance policy to include uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. This means that you can recover for your losses if you are hit by a driver that does not have any insurance or if you are hit by a driver that does not have enough insurance.

Uninsured motorist coverage comes into play whenever anyone insured on your policy is injured by an uninsured motorist. This includes hit-and-run accidents. Underinsured motorist coverage applies only when the other motorist’s coverage is lower than your own.

This insurance covers a wide multitude of losses, financial and non-financial. Medical bills, lost wages, reduction in ability to earn money in the future or household help and assistance can fall under the financial coverage. Also, non-financial damages include loss of ability to enjoy certain activities as a result of the injuries you suffered. If you have questions about the damages you can recover in a lawsuit go to our article here.

Check with your Kansas insurance company today to discuss your uninsured motorist coverage. Since underinsured and uninsured coverage matches your liability coverage it is wise to get as much coverage as you can afford. This protects you if you are at fault and it protects you and your family if you or a family member are injured by a driver who does not have enough insurance or has no insurance at all. Also, check if your insurance has an umbrella policy that may cover uninsured motorists as well. For more information about umbrella policies, click here.

If you have had a Kansas car wreck injury that was not your fault and need medical treatment, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recover. Call us today at 316-269-1414. Our Kansas personal injury attorney’s will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.