Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

Slick floors at the food court can cause you to fall and be injured. Read on to find if you have a case.

Every year, thousands are injured when they fall on slick or dangerous flooring, a flight of stairs or a rough patch of ground. If you have been injured by slip and fall on a Wichita property, it is important to remember that in some cases the owner of the property is responsible for your injury.

We all have an obligation to pay attention to where we’re stepping, but property owners need to be careful in keeping up their property. To determine who is legally responsible for your injuries, one of the following must be true:

1. The owner or an employee must have caused the spill, worn spot or other slippery or dangerous surface or item to be on the floor.

2. They must have known about the spill or item and not taken any measures to clean up the spill in a timely fashion.

3. The owner or an employee should have warned about the dangerous surface because a “reasonable” person taking care of the area would have discovered and repaired it or warned others about it.

Owners and employees are required to regularly inspect their property to ensure the property is safe. To determine if the owner or employees failed to do this, these are some questions you can ask.

  • Has the dangerous spot been there long enough that the owner or an employee could have known about it?

  • Does the owner have proof that they practice a regular procedure for inspecting and cleaning or repairing the premises?

  • If you were injured by a product or item on the floor, is there a reasonable explanation for why it was there?

  • Could that object be placed elsewhere, removed or covered to make it safer?

  • Could a barrier or warning have been placed near the dangerous surface to warn people of the hazard?

  • Did bad lighting contribute to the accident?

If you were injured by slip and fall with injuries that were not your fault and need medical treatment, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recover. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.