Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

What you should do if you are injured in a different state than your insurance policy

Even if you are a resident of a different state, if you are injured in a wreck that occurs in Kansas, you need to find a lawyer that is licensed to practice law in Kansas. Because states differ in personal injury laws, only a Kansas lawyer knows the rules and can get you the compensation you deserve.

Although insurance policies differ from state to state, they usually adjust to meet the state’s minimum legal requirements. In other words the types of coverage you have from your insurance and the amounts of coverage you have with your insurance my go up to meet the legal requirements of Kansas law if your policy does not offer as much coverage and Kansas law requires. Also, states that do not have a no-fault policy automatically convert your car insurance to a no-fault policy if you have an injury in Kansas.

If you are moving from one state to another or staying in a different state for more than 30 days it would be wise to make sure your insurance company knows this so they cannot try to claim you don’t have any coverage because you did not tell them where you were living.

If you are not a resident of Kansas, but were injured in Wichita, Derby, Andover or Goddard, the experienced attorneys at Ray Hodge and Associates can help you. Call us today at 316-269-1414. Our Kansas personal injury attorney’s will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.