Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

If a loved one is acting strange and has these symptoms, they may be suffering from this condition.

When someone is in a car wreck, they can easily suffer a blow or a jolt to the head. This can result in a brain injury, called a concussion. Although your doctor from Wesley Medical Center or Via Christi will refer to this as a minor injury, the effects of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can be serious.

The human brain is very complex. Because of this, every brain injury is different. Although symptoms often surface immediately following the accident, sometimes it takes days or weeks after the accident to notice injury.

The signs of concussion are often very subtle, causing doctors, family members, even the injured person to miss or dismiss the signs. Often, someone who has suffered a concussion might say, “I just don’t feel like myself.” They don’t make the connection that this is related to their accident and more than likely is a TBI. If you feel “foggy” or your spouse has mentioned that something just isn’t quite right, it’s important you speak with your doctor.

Symptoms of a TBI include:

  • Headaches that won’t go away

  • Having increased trouble in remembering things, concentrating or making decisions and problem solving

  • Being slower in your reading, speaking, acting or thinking

  • Becoming easily confused

  • Lack of energy

  • Neck pain

  • Sleeping longer than before the accident or not being able to sleep at all

  • Dizziness, light-headedness or loss of balance

  • Sensitivity to sound, light or distractions

  • Blurred vision

  • Ringing in the ears

  • Mood changes

If you or your spouse has suffered a car wreck that resulted in a TBI, it’s important to get treatment from a doctor. It is also imperative to ask a lawyer what they can do with your case. Medical bills can easily become greater than what you have in the bank. Compensation for these bills along with lost wages can help your family recover from your Kansas car wreck. It’s also important to remember not to sign a release for an insurance agent until you have spoken with an attorney about your case. Speaking with an attorney can help you decide if you should fill out a Personal Injury Application or if your insurance has an umbrella policy.

If you have had a Kansas car wreck injury that was not your fault and need medical treatment, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recovery. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.