Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

Someone may be responsible for your slip and fall injury

Many senior citizens are able to remain independent throughout the years. Being able to get out and see the town is a joy for many, but experiencing even a small slip and fall can deteriorate elderly persons abilities quickly. Little things such as a rough patch of pavement or concrete, a turned-up corner on a floor mat or rug or slippery floors can all result in a serious slip and fall injury.

While younger people can typically recover from a slip and fall accident eventually, a senior citizen can have their life changed. Common injuries from a slip and fall include broken hips or spinal injury, both leaving the person unable to continue normal activities.

Negligence from others is a large factor in slip and fall cases. Failing to mark a spill on the aisle at Wal-Mart is a recipe for disaster. It is important to remember that in cases such as this, the owner of the property or the business on the property may be responsible for your injury.

We all have an obligation to pay attention to where we’re stepping, but property owners need to be careful in keeping up their property. To determine who is legally responsible for your injuries, one of the following must be true:

1. The owner or an employee must have caused the spill, worn spot or other slippery or dangerous surface or item to be on the floor.

2. They must have known about the spill or item and not taken any measures to clean up the spill in a timely fashion.

3. The owner or an employee should have warned about the dangerous surface because a “reasonable” person taking care of the area would have discovered and repaired it or warned others about it.

Prevention for a slip and fall injury falls to both you and property owners. If you identify a potential hazard, but the property owner fails to fix it, they could be responsible for your injuries.

To read more about slip and fall injuries, read our article here.

If you have had a Kansas slip and fall injury that was not your fault and need medical treatment, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recovery. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Make sure you download our free car accident app for iPhone or Droid to protect yourself in event of an auto accident.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.