Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

Three Ways to Collect After Being Denied

Being in a car wreck is a pain, but it’s even worse when you have to hassle with your insurance company over the claim. Then you find out it was all for nothing – the insurance company has denied your claim. What do you do now? All hope is not lost; you can still collect after the insurance has denied your claim, consider each of these three options.

  1. File a claim with the other party’s insurance – All states require liability insurance. If your insurance has denied your claim, the other driver’s insurance may be liable for damages caused to you in the wreck. Obviously, you need the other party’s information to file a claim, so make sure you get their insurance information after a collision.
  1. File small claims case – When you have a small claims case, or anything that is less than $4,000, you don’t even have to hire an attorney. Filing a small claims case is actually quite simple and instructions can be found here. Just make sure you file before the statute of limitations expires.
  1. Go to civil court – When damages or medical costs exceed that of a small claim, you may file a case against the other driver. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney will greatly increase your odds of recovering damages.

Of course, you can always hire a personal injury attorney that will fight big insurance companies to get the money you deserve. Attorney Ryan Hodge is one of the most experienced civil trial attorneys in the state of Kansas. His dedication to defend the “average joe” follows in the tradition of his father, founder of the firm Judge Ray Hodge.

Ryan Hodge has over 17 years of experience handling personal injury and wrongful death cases in Kansas. Combined with Attorney Elaine Winter’s background in bankruptcy and personal injury law, there is no case our firm cannot handle.

At Ray Hodge & Associates, we believe in personal injury handled personally. At our office you see a lawyer from the very first meeting because we believe your case deserves an experienced personal injury attorney right from the start.

If you have had a Kansas car wreck injury that was not your fault and need medical treatment, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recovery. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Make sure you download our free car accident app for iPhone or Droid to protect yourself in event of an auto accident.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.