Go to navigation Go to content Ray Hodge & Associates, LLC
Ryan Hodge
Connect with me
Personal Injury Lawyer

Hunting season is here – so are new regulations

Posted on September 22nd, 2012

Hunting season is underway and many Wichita citizens are itching to get out their bow or rifle and head to the country. But before you let the first arrow or bullet fly, make sure you and your hunting friends all know about the new Kansas hunting regulations.

Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism attorney, Chris Tymeson, notes a few of the most important changes.

Archery season: Anyone that has a youth deer hunting permit and 55 years of age and older can now hunt with a crossbow. The same standard regulations apply for permits, broadheads and limits. There is no age limit for hunters that want to use crossbows during archery season for units 1, 12, 15 and 19. However, crossbow hunters in the previous four units must acquire a crossbow hunter survey number. To access your number, go to www.kdwpt.state.ks.us.

Transporting deer: Hunters may debone or quarter their meat before they leave as long as they 1) take a digital photo showing the permit attached to the deer and 2) take a picture of the entire deer so gender can be determined. Following this, the hunter needs to register online.

Prairie chicken permit: A $3 prairie chicken permit must be purchased from a vendor or online. This allows biologists to better gather information on prairie chicken hunting.

Additional turkey zones and limits: wild turkey management units have changed from four to six units. Units 2, 3, 5 and 6 will allow four turkeys.

Licenses for senior hunters and fishers: Despite being exempt for several decades, Kansas citizens ages 65-74 are now required to purchase hunting and fishing licenses. However, those ages will be able to purchase a license for about half price or a lifetime combination for hunting and fishing for about $40.

So before you head out to the field, make sure you know the new regulations. For more general information on Kansas hunting regulations, go to Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism. For all regulations and statues from the Law Enforcement Division, click here.

If you have had a Kansas personal injury that was not your fault and need medical treatment, you need an experienced professional who can help you get back on the road to recovery. Call us today at 316-269-1414 or visit our contact page here. Our Kansas personal injury attorneys will provide you a free initial consultation and if we take your case you don’t pay a dime unless we recover money for you. Even then we only take a percentage of the total amount of your recovery.

If you have questions on what you should be looking for when you are making a decision to hire a Kansas personal injury lawyer, read our article located here.

Back to Top

Ray Hodge & Associates proudly represents victims and their families across the state of Kansas, including Wichita, Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Mulvane, Rose Hill, Newton, El Dorado and Hutchinson. Call today for a free consultation all over the state of Kansas. We have proudly served clients in Sedgwick, Butler, Sumner, Harvey, Kingman and Reno Counties.